Its been 7 long years since I started using Internet more than people around me. I remember the days when we used to have few MB space in our mail accounts and the amount was spam mails was also very less almost negligible.
The time changed with time and with the launch of Gmail, almost every email service provider started giving huge amount of email space especially yahoo mail which is giving unlimited space for the mail IDs. As the storage space increased, the amount of spams received per day also increased. Though every email service provider is working hard on filtering spam but still I manage to get a lot of them.
Now, email is not the only problem. We do get spam in sms, facebook comments, tags and so on. I, now will pick one category of spammer at a time and will explain why I hate them :)
1. The spammers who send spam emails:
- I don’t care about the Fkin billions of dollars in your bank. Leave me alone and let me earn my bread :).
- No matter from where you got my ID, I am not interested in being a friend of a girl who sent the same mail to so many people by putting their emails in BCC. You will get some fool soon but not me :). Get lost B***H.
- I won’t forward the mail even if God will do something wrong to me if I do not forward. When I read such mail, I am a Atheist :) I don’t believe in God.
- If the companies give you money for forwarding mails, they are the most stupid people along with those who forward the mail.
- I am not interested in winning lotteries, gold, silver, home, car, insurance or what ever.
- For heavens sake! I am happy with my life is good so please do not send me pharmaceutical mails.
2. SMS spammers:
- Don’t send me sms related to new plans.
- Don’t call me for new connections or insurance plans. You may end up being a bakra of my humor :P
3. Facebook spammers:
- Tagging: There should be an option to approve/disapprove tagging for particular people. No matter how much you hate getting tagged, some comment hungry people will tag you in photos clicked by them or some disgusting image. When it comes to festivals, the tagging virus infect every facebook user :|
- Spam comments: I am mentioning one profile here. http://www.facebook.com/theindiapost This person thinks that s/he can comment on anyone’s photo or wall post and post a link to his website. One of the most disgusting and lame way of getting comments. Moreover, as per facebook TOS, if you are not an individual, you have to get a page instead of profile as profile represents personal profile of a living human. Poeple like him are using a free service for their own needs and desires. They are just comment and visit hungry people who do not want to spend time and money on SEO. And yes! if you say something against them, they will report you abuse :)
For all you spammers, I don’t want you in my life. I can delete you, block you and even file a complaint against you. Why don’t I make a page against every tagger on facebook and abuse them in public? Stop being stupid. Get a live.
Well I am not pointing any specific landlord or what so ever but all of them where people like who are growing slowly and working hard to earn their bread, live in their houses. This is to those who own the house, live in one of the floor around the tenant.
From last six years, after I got shifted to Chandigarh, I lived on rent only as I can not afford a home here in Chandigarh right now. Sooner or later I will buy but till then, I have to manage things differently. Including me, I have seen a lot of friends having one or many problems with the landlords. I m not saying all are bad or they only create problems, but sometimes they do treat people like what should I call, slave or even animals. Sorry for the words but some do treat tenants like this only. So following are some points which, as a tenant, I feel every landlord should understand.
- Our internet connection is not your intellectual property: Dude! We are paying for it. Even if you want to use the Wi-Fi, have some courtesy to pay for it. Forcing someone to give connection just because s/he is living at your place is just so lame. Moreover a good internet connection with a bandwidth limit will cost you less than INR 500/-. You are charging us good enough and can spend that much on your own connection. Most of the people these days are working from home as freelancers and they need high speed connections to fulfill their needs and you just consume 40%-50% of their speed every time you connect!
- Camera, Scanner, Computer, Printer etc. HOLD ON: All these belong to us if they are in our possession. You should not just call and say “Do this or do that” adding “URGENT” to it. We may be working, studying or may be even f**kin* which is not your business though. Atleast give some respect and have the courtesy to request humbly. May be we can help more. Oh yes! PAY FOR THE SERVICES! WE ARE NOT LIVING FOR FREE AT YOUR PLACE :|
- Designing: Oh come on! Atleast pay for the design we make for your child’s project. We charge around 3500/- from student for a simple HTML project and ready to give you discount on it. Have courtesy to pay. We are living with that money only.
- Repair work: “Oh beta please call someone to repair blah blah at my house. You have good contacts. Please arrange asap.” Then you will eat head every day every moment and when the work is done “You delayed so much! now pay yourself.” F YOU! Thank you!
- Stuff from market: Are you going to market? Please bring this and that and blah blah. Excuse me? You have a vehicle, knows the city better than me. Move your ass :) Please.
- Other things: Along with these sample points, there is a lot which happens like why guests are coming (lame), why are you using so much electricity (please get a separate meter for us.), why you work from home :| (because I do not need office!!!), why you are not married (I do not understand why this question arise!)
Some pointers for tenants:
- Get receipt. They just refuse that you paid!!
- Always get a contract.
- Always make sure they pay for the services you give as you are paying for the service they are giving
- Do not fall for their daughter/son. You will be in BIG trouble.
- Never spend time with them. They may ask you so much questions about you and become so friendly that they start wasting your time especially when they are retired people. I have no hard feelings for the old people but when anyone get on nerves especially when you are working, its not acceptable. Your grandparents and parents will understand this but landlords think that you are their property so beware.
- Do not share your work experience with them as they will start giving you some lame suggestions which will give depression for sure :|
I think this much has given you idea what tenants are suffering from. This is my first open letter. This will be followed by more letters :)