Okay… this is a quick recipe. I do not know if someone has tried it before or not but it tastes good and easy to make. :)
- 1 cup gram floor (besan)
- salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon red chilly powder
- 1 tea spoon black pepper
- 2 table spoon katsoori methi
- 1 boiled potato
- 2 table spoon onion paste
- 1/2 tea spoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 table spoon curd
- 1 cup water
- 4 slices of bread
- Oil to fry
- Chat Masala
Now put gram floor, sal, chilly powder, black pepper, methi, potato, onion paste, ginger garlic paste and curd in a bowl. Add a cup of water and mix the ingredients. Stir it for 2 minutes and then add the bread slices. Make a soft batter and leave it for 5 minutes. Heat the oil. Now put small portions of batter in the hot oil. Keep changing the sides once in a while and wait till it changes the color to golder brown. Approximately it take 2-3 minutes.
Put the pakoda on tissue paper. sprinkle some chat masala. Enjoy with tomato sauce :)
P.S. do not ask me calorie content as it is HIGH in calories :P
Those who are bachelors and have visited my blog in last few months, they must have notices the bachelor’s lodge section. I have posted on “How to wash clothes” there. Those days as it was summer season, I did not pointed about woollen clothes. But now as we are experiencing Chilling Cold Weather, I think its the right time to tell “How to wash woollen clothes.” ;)
So those who are still shy to ask anyone about this can read and learn.Please do not forget to add your comments after trying the way out!
Follow the simple steps to get rid of dirt sticking to your “Feel Handsome” winter clothes:
1. Switch on the gyser if it is not instant. Collect all the woollen clothes you want to wash in one place. Remember to keep the clothes a but far from the place where are you going to wash then as you may split water on them. As we all know some bachelors are meant to be lazy and we may not all wash clothes in one go. Splitting water may result in loosing the colors of woollens or it may force you to wash them in one go ;)
2. Things required: Warm water(Do not use hot water as hot water is BIG enemy of woollen clothes), Detergent available in market for woollen clothes like “Safewash, Easy, Genteel, Ritha Powder etc” (I am using safewash or easy which ever my mom sends hehe), a mug, a tub and a bucket (You can not wash clothes without them. ;) ).
3. Now the further steps will explain how I do the work. You may alter them according to you, but these steps are tried number of times and awarded to be best by my mom ;). So, first of all I put the bucket on a chair under the tap. Fill the bucket with hot water and switch off the gyser after filling the bucket so that I can save money which is electricity bill is eating like its gyser’s property! ha!.
4. After that I place the tub on top of the bucket.Then I get some hot water from the bucket and add it in tub with the help of a mug.
5. Then I add some cold water to alter the temperature. Now when I feel its only warm, I add three cap full of the detergent meant for woollen clothes and stir it. (here I use the cap of the bottle of detergent only.)
6. Then I put a single woollen cloth in the tub. Then I rub it gently. TWISTING WOOLLEN CLOTHES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
7. Then I press not twist, the cloth to drain the water and place it on the other chair. I make sure I do not hang woollen clothes immediately getting them out of water as this may result in getting them stretched.
8. I make sure that the water is changed periodically when I see it getting dirty. After getting all the clothes done with detergent water, all the clothes are washed one by one in clean warm water to get the detergent out of them.
9. After draining the extra water, I place them in stand without hanger as I said before, hanging may stretch them. REMEMBER NO TWISTING. ONLY PRESS THEM GENTLY.
As said before, enjoy being bachelor and show your girlfriend that you dont need a girl to wash your clothes even in winters ;)
1. Woollen shirts and trousers can be hanged if they are not stretchable. Putting them in hanger for a while will make it easy to get them dried.
2. Once again no hot water allowed. Please use warm water only.
Well I tried a new dish today. I don’t know if this is totally a new dish INVENTED by me or this is something which came to someone’s mind too before! Lets see how you can also give it a try!
Double Toned Milk: One and half cup
Sugar: One and half teaspoon
Cadburys Dairy Milk: 2 Cubes
Instant Daliya (wheat porridge): 3 Tablespoon
Whole Wheat Bread: 1 Slice
Now boil the milk for two minutes and add sugar in it. Get the gas on low flame. After checking if the sugar is dissolved, add daliya in it. Stir it for two minutes. Now add crushed whole wheat bread slice and again stir it till the bread gets dissolved in the milk and make the dish thick. Add the two cubes of chocolate in it and stir again for another three minutes. Check if everything is mixed properly and the dish is thick enough to your desire!
Get the dish in a bowl and let it cool down. Refrigerate it for 20 minutes and serve it CHILLED!
I hope you all will like this healthy dish!
P.S. Instead of sugar you can go for honey which will make it more healthy.
Being a bachelor and living alone away from Mom, for the last three years I have learnt a hell lot of things which a bachelor will need to learn if he wants to live in an organised manner, at least. Being busy with my venture, especially working as `one man army’, I rarely get enough time to make my messy room as tidy, I wish I could. Sometimes, it prompts me to get married and dream those `moon like’ round hot chappties and washed and ironed clothes, but hard to afford the `nakkkhras’ of wife or my PC at the same time. My clients will wake me up when I will be dreamy and romantic in my wife’s arms. No harm dreaming !!! Isn’t it? For last few days I realized if one wants to be happy and stress-free, live life as it comes and with reality. Also, this day-dreaming of romantic life after marriage, I have been forced to fathom the reality which lies in future that to be happy I will need to keep my wife and for that I need to keep everything in place otherwise it can be a big reason of dispute between me and my wife….hehe…
So after getting started with the room and cleaning 30% of the mess around me and washing a few number of clothes (most annoying task for me), I figured out that I am good in washing clothes (For a change I am good in something related to clean surroundings hehe).
So here are the steps which I follow to wash clothes and may be helpful to those poor bachelors who don’t get enough support from a girl hehe.
Here we go like this!
1. Differentiate categories of clothes. Never mix colored clothes with those of white one as you may ruin the white clothes.
2. Decide which category you want to go for first white, colored, trousers or undies ;)
3. If you are using white, Tide and Vanish is a very good combination as I am getting good results from them.
4. Add water to bucket and add detergent and whitener in the bucket. Let the water flow in it till the bucket is half full.
5. Add clothes (Its always better if you rinse clothes in water without any detergent once before adding them to detergent water). See if water is sufficient. If water is less then pour some more.
6. Now spin the clothes a bit and then leave them for at least 20 minutes.
7. Get the clothes out and apply brush to the coller and other places like cuff and place around buttons and they get dirty a lot. Again soak the clothes in water for 5 more minutes.
8. Get clothes out and drain the dirty water. Soak clothes in clean water for 2-2 minutes, three or four times till you see clean water. Squeeze the clothes to drain the water and hang them in direct sunlight (If fiber of cloth allow this).
Now GET THEM IRONED and enjoy being bachelor!!!!!