I came across a website shared by a few friends and NATIONAL newspaper websites. The name is All About Rajni. This is basically a flash based website which claims to run on “Rajni Power” and does not need any Internet connection to run. Fascinating! Isn’t it? That can change the whole concept of surfing if this “Rajni Power” can not only help in reducing internet bill but can also save a lot of resources!
But how the website runs without internet? It’s a simple logic. When you open the website, on the background the whole website gets loaded before you can even think and work on disconnecting the internet. As soon as you disconnect the internet, the script which runs in loop to check the internet connection status changes the message and allow you to enter the website which has already been loaded on your computer.
But I took only 10-15 seconds in disconnecting the internet? How come whole website got downloaded on my computer? Now in this case I would like to congratulate the developer as well as designer of the website who created such a light weight flash file using vector images. The website is so less in size that it loads pretty quickly.
As soon as you connect the internet back the website will give an error that you have internet connection on and you need to disconnect it.
How to check if it really do need an internet connection? Well that is very easy. First of all close all the browser windows and relaunch your browser. Clear the cache and temporary loaded files by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Del. Now try to launch the website again after disconnecting the internet connection. The website will not load and will give you 404 page not found error.
I seriously admire the idea of making such a joke using simple techniques and making the website famous in minutes but making fool out of innocent netizens is not good. :)
There is nothing like Rajni Power. No website in the world can run without internet until its available offline on your computer. Use a little common sense and laugh on the joke :) Nothing epic but just a joke :)
Wow! This is getting so common to get false information over facebook and other social networking sites. I am seriously amazed to see how fast people fall for such information and post it on their walls without even checking if the information is true or not. This time, I saw the following message:
LAPTOP USERS: BE AWARE!
A couple lost their 25 year old son in a fire at home on June 4th. The son who had graduated with MBA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison two weeks earlier had come home for a while. He had lunch with his dad at home and decided to go back to clean up his hostel room. His father told him to wait, to meet his mother, before he went back for a few days. He decided to take a nap while waiting for his mom to come back home from work. Some time later their neighbors called 911 when they saw black smoke coming out of the house.
Unfortunately, the 25 years old died in the three year old house. It took several days of investigation to find out the cause of the fire. It was determined that the fire was caused by the laptop resting on the bed. When the laptop was on the bed cooling fan did not get the air to cool the computer and that is what caused the fire. He did not even wake up to get out of the bed because he died of breathing in carbon monoxide.
The reason I am writing this to all of you is that I have seen many of us and also our sons & daughters using the laptop while in bed. Let us all decide and make it a practice not to do that. The risk is real. Let us make it a rule not to use the laptop on bed with blankets and pillows around. Please educate as many people as you can.
Now short circuit can cause the fire but this is very much impossible for a laptop to catch fire due to over heating like mentioned above. First thing, laptops and computers are designed to go in sleep mode after a while until you do not change the settings.
Now, Few points I would like to add:
1. Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene a.k.a ABS is used in most of the consumer electric appliances. The plastic is resistant to upto 88° C.
2. Melting point of insulation rubber is 130° C in case of soft insulation.
3. At around 70° C, processors of maximum of the laptops stop working and it restarts. Once the laptop is restarted, the temperature will lower down. If the temperature is high, the laptop does not start normally and you have to wait for a while. Only high end desktops have processors of AMD and Intel which can go to 100° C but in that case it does not catch fire as ventilation is quite good in desktops.
Yes, there is danger of laptop and desktops getting fire and burn things up but the chances are very low due to over heating. This post is getting circulated since 2010 but still there is no evidence about the news or whatsoever. No doubt heated base of laptop can harm your skin as it starts burning (not igniting) at 56° C but getting fire, is very low.
What I noticed on many social networking websites in last few days that the information spreads too quickly and 99% of people do not even want to confirm before re-posting it. I created this section just to tell all of you that the information I saw was FAKE and you should stay away from such messages. In the series, I am adding video posts from today to add a little personal touch :)
Pepsico Lays adds a substance called E631 to their Magic Masala flavor in some countries especially in Pakistan and other Muslim countries as found on Internet. When I googled about the substance I found that the substance is a tasting agent just like salt and can be derived from three different ways which are:
1. It can be obtained from sardines (fish).
2. It can be made from brewer yeast extract which is a by-product of beer making process.
3. It can be extracted from pig meat.
4. From tropica starch which is extracted from a plant called cassava.
What I found is follows:
A 21 year old guy had worn a pair of contact lenses during a barbecue party.(Anevent or meal at which food is cooked outdoors over an open grill or fire) While barbecuing he stared at the fire charcoals continuously for 2-3 minutes.
After a few minutes, he started to scream for help and moved rapidly, jumping up and down. No one in the party knew why he was doing this? Then he admitted into the Hospital, the doctor said he’ll be blind permanently because of the contact lenses that he had worn. Contact lenses are made by plastics, and the heat from the charcoal melted his contact lenses.
DO NOT WEAR CONTACT LENSES WHERE OVERHEATING AND FLAMES ARE CONCERNED…. OR WHILE COOKING…!
Friends if u feel the information is important, Please pass this message to All your near & dear ones.
Now my question is HOW the hell his face was saved from the fire and only those damn lens got melted? I searched a lot over this and then suddenly an idea hit me why not check for the melting point of lens and compare it with the temperature at which human skin starts burning (not igniting). So here we go with the stats.
As per scientific theories, the human skin starts burning at 130 ° F and a soft contact lens is polished at minimum 130 ° C ! This is a huge difference! Normally one of the best ways of sterilizing contact lenses are to boil them. Now just give me one reason why should I believe in this stupid thing. No doubt going to close to burning charcoal is dangerous for eyes and eyes would get damaged no matter you are wearing contact lenses or not.
This actually came from a workplace legend which was spread in 2009 over the internet where a person who works with welding machines got his contact lenses melted and got them stuck in his eyes. But still there is no evidance for such an incidence and everyday 100s of people are just forwarding this without even trying to check if the information is correct or not.
Here are a few things which you should keep in mind while using contact lenses:
- -> Do not wear your lenses longer than prescribed.
- -> Never use saliva to clean your lenses.
- -> Clean your lens case at least once a week and let it air-dry, or preferably replace lens case once a month.
-> Go for a complete eye examination every 12 months or more frequently if directed by your optometrist
-> Clean and disinfect your lenses every day.
- -> Wash your hands with, preferably, a non-perfume soap before handling your lenses.
- -> Don’t wash your lenses in distilled water, tap water or non-sterile homemade saline.
- -> Do not let your solutions bottle tip touch any surface, including your contact lenses, as it will become contaminated.
- -> Use a solution recommended by your doctor. Not all solutions can be used for all contact lenses.
- -> Use water based cosmetic formulations.
- -> Insert lenses before applying eye makeup and take them out before removing the make-up again.
From last few days I am noticing the following status message on some of the people in my friend list.
ATTENTION:THE HACKERS ALREADY ENTERED IN FACEBOOK & THEY ARE PUTTING PORNOGRAPHIC VIDEOS TO YOUR NAME IN THE WALLS OR PROFILES OF YOUR FRIENDS WITHOUT YOU KNOWING IT. YOU DON´T SEE IT, BUT OTHER PEOPLE CAN SEE IT, AS IF THESE WERE A PUBLICATION THAT YOU MADE! SO IF YOU RECEIVE SOMETHING FROM ME, IT’S NOT MINE! copy this in your wall. It is for the security of YOUR OWN IMAGE!
Now, if you have noticed in last few months, Facebook is giving you warnings related to your account security and asked you to update your information like mobile number, email ID, security questions, login location and attempt notifications etc. If you have followed each and every possible request made by facebook to update your account, there is very little chance to get the account hacked till until the hacker has every information related to you. In many cases they comes out to be your known people and in some cases a BIG TIME HACKER (which is rare as s/he may has no use and interest in your account!!)
Now keep few things in mind:
1. Go to Account Settings >> Security. Switch on “Secure browsing” and “Login Notifications”. This will make sure you are informed when any device login to your account.
2. Add your mobile number. It is not important to make it public but if you have your mobile number added, you will get instant sms when a device logged in your account.
3. Prefer not to tell the password to anyone. Not even your BF/GF. You never know how the relationship is going to turn up and it can harm your privacy.
4. Don’t put your wall to public. Do not allow those to comment/post on your wall of they are not in your friend list. This can be done in “Privacy Settings” section.
It is always better to be on safer side and on the same hand it is better to stay away from rumors.
From last few hours, after facebook announced the timeline to be launched on October 1 2011, a new (or I should I call it OLD!) hoax started spreading over the internet via status messages, tweets, blog posts etc. that Facebook is getting paid. Okay, facebook which is a free social service and is earning like anything via facebook ads, wants to charge from its clients as the new interface is so ‘expensive’ and the coder will charge Facebook more (despite of the fact that they are already getting paid more than other companies can pay). This is what I understood from the status. The following is spreading!
FACEBOOK JUST RELEASED THEIR PRICE GRID FOR MEMBERSHIP. $9.99 PER MONTH FOR GOLD MEMBER SERVICES, $6.99 PER MONTH FOR SILVER MEMBER SERVICES, $3.99 PER MONTH FOR BRONZE MEMBER SERVICES, FREE IF YOU COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE BEFORE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. WHEN YOU SIGN ON TOMORROW MORNING YOU WILL BE PROMPTED FOR PAYMENT INFO…IT IS OFFICIAL IT WAS EVEN ON THE NEWS. FACEBOOK WILL START CHARGING DUE TO THE NEW PROFILE CHANGES. IF YOU COPY THIS ON YOUR WALL YOUR ICON WILL TURN BLUE AND FACEBOOK WILL BE FREE FOR YOU. PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON IF NOT YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IF YOU DO NOT PAY.(REPOST)
Now, I have few questions regarding this to who so ever started this!
1. Why you post same thing everytime facebook tries something new? Are you hired by its competitors :P? Similar things came with a title Dec 2013 and Summer facebook pricing! talking about the same thing!
2. What icon? Are you talking about that triangle on left of the post? Oh comeon!! Its related to top posts not something paid paid game!
3. How come you know about this without announcements from Facebook! There is nothing on their page, blog or anything! Do you have spy cams installed in their office or you have hacked their computers :P? Dude please join FBI or Interpol! The information you get before the world is worth getting a prize! You must have very strong NETWORK! Huh!!!
So from above all, I just want to say, cut the crap and enjoy FREE facebook. They won’t charge you for the updates they are making. Just don’t worry :)
EDIT: Official announcement from facebook on their page.
A rumor on the internet caught our attention. We have no plans to charge for Facebook. It’s free and always will be.
This is also a chain message/mail which I receive often in emails and see on Internet. It says:
If you have a function/party at your home and if there is excess food available at the end, don’t hesitate to call 1098 (only in India) - child helpline. They will come and collect the food. Please circulate this message which can help feed many children. DON’T BREAK THIS CHAIN, “Helping hands are better than Praying Lips”.
.. Please don’t hesitate to call this Child Helpline.
But the truth is the NGO does not have any service like this. This is to help children. You can learn about them on http://www.childlineindia.org.in
Their website itself states:
Warning : We understand there is a chain mail circulating that says – one should call up 1098 to pick up left over food after a party etc so that it is not wasted. This is not true. We are India ‘s only and most widespread Children’s phone emergency outreach service (1098) for children in need of care and protection. We do not pick up food or distribute food. This mail was not initiated by us, kindly do not circulate it. Your cooperation is appreciated.
I wish people won’t bother them for such service. If food is going to get wasted at your party, please make arrangements yourself. You can do it and donate it to the needy. I hope this chain message will be stopped asap and the helpline will have to listen to only those calls for which it was started.
Screenshot from the website: